maxant chain uncapper. help me get this going!

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by adamant, Jul 8, 2013.

1. adamant

adamant Member

maxantuncapper.jpg bought this at an auction last year. its time to start using it. can someone help me get it going?
    please pose the DO'S AND DON'T .
    thank you
    ant

2. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

It is a flail chain uncapper you need to have the shafts set the proper distance so the comb doesn't get beaten off the frame. They are not as hard on comb that is completely drawn and are full of honey. Cells that are empty or only partially filled get broken down more. older comb servives the best in this uncapper. The biggest complaint about this uncapper is that it is hard on the wax frames.
    Simple instructions Plug it in Place frame on chute drop the frame between the chains with the handle place comb in extractor. Hopefully it doesn't eat the frames up to much.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

[video=youtube;cs0Gcj8HSF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs0Gcj8HSF4[/video]

I have heard that they can create a bit of a mess so drop cloths might be in order depending on where you set it up.

4. adamant

adamant Member

apis , do you have one of the maxant units?

5. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

No I do not, Have heard of to many guys that have cursed them out because of them tearing apart combs. Going on what friends revues have been.