Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why didn't i just go buy a new 12-4-38 tire for my H farmall? Answered an add and went to look at two 18-6-38 tires with rims (they will fit my H farmall) they were weather cracked but had good tread. Well i ended up with the tires, a distributor for a M farmall, a wide front end for an H farmall and a 340 International wide front end utility tractor. :confused: I would probably bought more but my wife reminded me that we had an appointment and were going to be late. I was jealous, this guy had more International tractors and junk than i have. My wife thinks i need help. :mrgreen: Jack

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Yep you have a problem, more over it is a disease and can only be cured by acquiring more red iron than you can afford or death (by natural causes or the wife), which ever comes first. :lol:

Kind of like farming, you put more into it than you will ever get out of it (financially), but the enjoyment is priceless.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yep, you have a problem alright... you need to clear more appointments from your schedule... LOL

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
now how many time we got to tell ya taking the wife tractor part shopping is like taking the game warden poaching neither work real well :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
taking the game warden poaching neither work real well
hmm, actually, taking the game warden poaching makes the game warden just as complicit as you, so he better not say anything.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today is my wifes birthday, i told her, Surprise, the 340 tractor was her birthday present. She said, oohh thank you, but didn't seem to be to excited :confused: . Maybe after i take her out to eat and go to 3 basketball games (back to back) our grandaughter is playing in tonight ( summer league) she will appreciate how hard i try to make her happy :thumbsup: . Jack

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I shoped wisely for a wife, Useing my head and nose I found one who doesn't wear makeup and smelly crap, likes wild animals, old tractors and flowers.
She asked to buy her a 1942 Model 81 Massey for her birthday, a 1946 Massey model 20 for mothers day one year, a Model 16 pacer Massey just because she wanted it and a Massey 44 1953+ butane one year.

:mrgreen: Al

·
Registered
978 Posts
She asked to buy her a 1942 Model 81 Massey for her birthday, a 1946 Massey model 20 for mothers day one year, a Model 16 pacer Massey just because she wanted it and a Massey 44 1953+ butane one year.
Yup, she's a keeper alright! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I now have 12 Farmall tractors :thumbsup: . I explained to the wife that i'm getting older and that with the 5 acres of truck garden it saves me alot of work and time to have a different piece of equipment on the tractors, so i don't have to take them off and put them on all the time. She agreed, but when i told her that 12 Farmall tractors and one JD tractor came to 13, and that was a unlucky number and i may have to get one more, she gave me that look, grined and said, or you could sell one. :shock: Jack

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
We have between the two of us in the neighbour hood of 22 tractors from a 1938 Massey 101R to a 1965 Ford 5000 gasser a lonely Farmall H mixed in and a 1961 D17 Allis. I think the last time I counted the small garden tractors we had 5 and 6 if I count the 2 wheeled wards garden tractor as a tractor.

:mrgreen: Al

1 - 10 of 10 Posts