mead

Discussion in 'Products of the Hive' started by Zookeep, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

working on a batch of strawberry mead, just racked it for the 1st time and look how nice it is now the 16 lbs of strawberrys went in, makes my mouth water.

Attached Files:

2. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

wouldn't that be a melomel since it has fruit?

3. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

its still mead, there are all kinds of mead

4. Bees In Miami

Bees In Miami New Member

Zookeep...Good to see you again! I am glad we could meet! I have a bunch of wax capping's here from extractions that I want to rinse for mead. What recipe did you go with? I have asked for my carboys and such from Santa for Christmas. Any advice you can share, do's and don'ts? Thanks!

How are you doing with your bees? I had my State Inspection last week...I've had a few crashes of late, as has one of my best beek friends. The flow this winter is sucking...big time! Interested how you are doing. It looks like they will be adding the Master Beekeeper Program to the agenda at the next So FL Bee College...Woo Hoo! Hope to see you there! :thumbsup:

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Zook, That amazing picture of yours shows how thick that mead is----lying on its side and nary a drop spilling. How will you get it out of the bottle to drink it? :lol::rotfl::rolling:
    Enjoy!