Mechanic vs. Cardiologist

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side...PG-13' started by Eddy Honey, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

A mechanic was removing a cylinder-head from the motor of a Harley motorcycle when he spotted a well-known cardiologist in his shop. The cardiologist was there waiting for the service manager to come and take a look at his bike when the mechanic shouted across the Garage, 'Hey Doc, want to take a look at this?'

The cardiologist, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was working on the motorcycle. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, 'So Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, repair any damage, and then put them back in, and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I make $39,675 a year and you get the really big bucks ($1,695,759) when you and I are doing basically the same work?'

The cardiologist paused, smiled and leaned over, then whispered to the mechanic...
    'Try doing it with the engine running.'

2. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

A gynecologist had become fed up with malpractice insurance and HMO paperwork and decided to give up practicing medicine.
    Hoping to try another career where skillful hands would be beneficial, he decided to become a mechanic.
    He went to the local technical college, signed up for evening classes, attended diligently, and learned all he could.
    When the time for the practical exam approached, the former gynecologist prepared carefully for weeks, and completed the exam with great skill.
    When the results came back, he was surprised to find that he had received a score of 150%. Fearing an error, he called the instructor saying "I don't want to appear ungrateful, but I wonder if there is an error in the grade."
    The instructor said "During the exam you took the engine apart perfectly, which is worth 50% of the total grade."
    "You put the engine back together again perfectly, which is worth another 50% of the grade."
    After a pause, the instructor added "I gave you an extra 50% because you did it all through the muffler, which I've never seen done in my entire career."

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

You guys are killing me with this stuff!
    :rolling::rolling::rolling:
    :thumbsup::mrgreen:

4. Ray

Ray Member

gynecologist? are you sure he wasn't a proctologist?

5. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member