Meeting a Forum Member

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brooksbeefarm, Aug 8, 2011.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

The Ozark Empire Fair is over, my wife and i worked the honeybee booth last Friday afternoon, and true to his word Murrell and his lovely wife Mary stopped by.We had a good visit and took some pictures and i will post them when i figure out how. :confused: Like i've said before, i never met a beekeeper i didn't like, Murrell and i had alot in common, we like talking bees and making bee equipment. It's fun and intresting to meet people you correspond with for years on the forum and then see and talk to them in person.Hope we can get together again soon at our homes and have a longer visit. :thumbsup: Jack

2. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Jack:
    Lucky you. I've only been on the forum for a month and a half, but already chatted with 2 people that I plan to meet with when schedules permit. One of them lives about 35 miles from me, and the other is in up-state New York. I drive truck and am all over, but am looking forward to meeting with these folks when I can.
    As you said, I never met a beekeeper that I didn't like. Thanks for your post.
    Rodger

3. Murrell

Murrell New Member

Mary and I certainly enjoyed the Fair, we had forgotten how large it is, thank goodness for the many new air conditioned buildings.

Jacks group had a very nice exhibit, which drew quite a bunch of people.

Jack and I did pretty well talking, and our wives Mary and Janet kinda pretty well put us to shame with women talk.

Thanks for being such good host.
    Murrell