Memorial Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charles, Jun 1, 2010.

1. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Why did you want to go?

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It's a long story. Let's just say I thought it would be the best for me. It turned out to be just that. I have never regretted it.

3. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Okay, thanks for answering.

4. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

I also think it was where you came in too. I don't think the north had much to do with it but if you landed in Philly (hate that town with a passion.) New York or La in cal. It sucked.

I was also stationed in Fort Bragg (614PB) afterwards. So How would a town or towns all around a Army post providing jobs and gathering all that money from GI's drinking and other off post activitys going to act.
    I did get air lifted to Washington DC, then New York and finally settled in Baltimore during the king Riots. spent a week camped in the zoo there, Patrolled the streets at night and slept days. We then convoyed home. A rdie on top of stuffed duffle bags made a sort of nice spring time ride.

:mrgreen: Al

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I think perhaps how one was treated (from any conflict) is more highly associated with an individual's expectations than anything else. some folks evidently still believe in the tooth fairy and really believe all GI will return to a gigantic parade as heros and quite often that society owes them something for their service.

the best I can determine is..... every since the time of the roman legions returning to rome after beating up on some folks far away the value of the returning soldiers was short lived. society had acquired what was needed from them and society would just rather sweep their problems under some rug.