Messing with Nature?

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by PerryBee, May 21, 2011.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

2. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

To me it's like finding cures for the many disease's that plague mankind, if they can do it more power to them. Some of us can remember when you could set a bee hive out in the spring and collect honey in the fall, and all you had to worry about was wax mouths and foul brood (which i've never seen a case of). We can only dream about the good old days now. :roll: Jack

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

thanks for sharing the link Perry.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Good read there, just glad that we have people who are truly working on something important as this. (tax dollars working for something important).

5. Hobie

Hobie New Member

This is interesting, but it s, as you mention, "messing with nature.' Part of me thinks back to all the things humans have done to "help" that have either been worthless ("rebuilding" wetlands) or have made things worse (starlings, gypsy moth caterpillars).

If I can divorce myself from humankind, I see this as very selfish. If bees did not pollinate our food, we would not give a hoot, and they would die or survive on their own.

The human side of me sees the benefits of scientific knowledge and applauds the application here.