Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi members,
I am very much into microscopy as I find this helps me understand the functionand form of the Honey Bee.

I also test for diseases as I have te required licience.
The workings of the internal organs are of great interest to me as it shows how the bee lives and eats etc.

I would like to show you a small presentation on the internal organs of the bee.

If you have any questions please ask away.

Regards;

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
All I can say is, Bcrazy is a long ways from being crazy. That is a fantastic presentation and I'm sure will be used by many.

THANK YOU

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing.

What kind of a license do you have to test for diseases.
Ski

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi ski,

The licience is to allow me to handle Foul Brood frames, for whatever purpose I need them. I use them to show members what AFB & EFB look like on a frame, also other diseases such as sac brood, chalk brood, and all the other diseases that bees suffer.
As when I have finished using them I have to burn them so no disease is spread.

Another side to microscpy is pollen identification which is helpful to know what plants the bees are feeding on.

Bee Catcher & ski thank you for those kind and encouraging words.

Regards;

·
Registered
122 Posts
bcrazy
love them photos I use a microscope,as I teach I need to print copy's of your photos
Don
:goodpost: :goodpost: :coolphotos: :yahoo: .

·
Registered
347 Posts
Oooh, that's cool! :coolphotos:

side note: you have a typo-haemolmph (bee blood) should be hemolymph. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love this section. As a vet tech I look at things all the time under the microscope so it was facinating. I might have to do some bee research of my own.

Does anyone know if there is a pollen guide I can use as a reference?

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
pm Bcrazy, he had several pics of pollen under the microscope and it was identified.

he only comes on here every now and then but is very friendly and knowledgeable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts