Missed opportunity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by indypartridge, Sep 4, 2012.

1. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

One of my favorite haunts is our local micro-brewery, Big Woods. Stopped in last week and they have a new seasonal offering, "Honey Blonde", which I truly enjoyed. A few days later I received a phone call from Big Woods, asking if I have honey for sale, as they are trying to use local sources as much as they are able.

Alas, the quantities they want are more than I can provide, given my hobbyist status, so I had to refer them to a side-liner I know. Oh well, it was nice that they called me at all, and I'll continue to be a regular customer, but I would have dearly loved to have been able to stop in for a beer made with my honey.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I would be ecstatic if someone called me with that kind of a request, whether I could do it or not. It tells me they thought of you! :thumbsup:
    Well done.
    Now hurry up and get some more bees! :mrgreen:

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Ahhhhhhh...I would have been very excited to receive that call. You know we have talked about Big Woods before, I love that place! Much respect for their business there. I had a similar thing happen to me. The local baker who gave me the food grade buckets asked me to provide him with honey for his wheat bread. He needs 1 pound per 8 loaves of bread. It will totally be doable in the future but just couldn't do it this year...