Mite Control with a Fogger?

Discussion in 'Pests and Diseases' started by Papakeith, Jun 28, 2012.

1. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Active Member

2. roadkillbobb

if you use a full size car battery you should be able to do lots of hives, just put it on a little pull wagon or garden cart, if you get a deep cycle battery like the ones used for the electric trolling motors for small boats they are designed to go from full charge to almost dead and then get recharged without damaging the battery, and if you want to get real fancy you can get a solar charger( they are cheap now a days) for the battery and hook it up to the cart and as your vaporizing the battery will recharge..I use a lawn tractor battery( $29.99 from tractor supply) that I used for testing my vaporizers and got many tests out of it , I will just carry it to the hive as I only have one hive so far, when I start vaporizing... ...

3. camero7

camero7 Member

4. roadkillbobb

thats basically a small battery in a fancy package, a full size deep cycle battery will outlast that much longer, but moving it around is more cumbersome...hence a little lawn cart that holds all the vaporizing supplies you can just pull around to all the hives...

5. camero7

camero7 Member

PIA when you have to go to several yards. I like mine, have 3 of them and seldom run out of juice.

6. roadkillbobb

that makes sense if you have multiple places to go...

7. John123john

John123john New Member

Which type of fogger he use? Is it Burgess 1443 40-Ounce Outdoor Propane Insect Fogger ?

8. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

My box says Burgess Propane Powered Insect Fogger, doesn't give a size, mine has a detachable yellow jar, the spot it screws in perfectly fits a standard mason jar, so I made a mason jar of everclear with oxalic acid. Item #16443652N

9. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

and I recommend that because its easier to store and keep the liquid from evaporating, etc., if it is in a mason jar.