I see a mite problem coming this year for me. I was unable to get into any of my hives for appx. 2 weeks due to illness and weather and time constraints. Sat. I removed the shims I had on the tops for patties. I had been in them once a week prior. Of course most had a lot of comb in them. At least half or more was drone comb with capped larva. At minimum, every other capped cell had a mite in it on the larva. I am glad that I cut them out, but that's too many in my book. I would say that 75% of my hives are strong and growing stronger right now. I can only hope that my queens can outbreed the mites right now in the female cells. It seems to me that I can either, Treat them all chemically, Let whatever survives, survive (if any) and start all over again with their queen stock (hoping it wasn't a fluke they survived). A strong hive now may only mean that they had a low mite load going into winter through none of their doing. Or requeen with supposedly mite resistant queens and hope they can acclimate to Fl. seasons. Or it's just normal, I never did a drone mite count at this time of year before.