Moody cut out

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by G3farms, Aug 22, 2010.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Have a cut out to do on wed morning. Old rental house, hopefully they are in the soffit or just inside of the attic. They are going in a wide facer board where it meets shingle siding. Have been there for several years according to the owner. Will rent some scaffolding the morning of the cut out.

The owner was all but licking her lips for some honey already :lol:

pics to follow.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Well no pics, forgot the camera :(

Not much to it really. Pulled the facer board off and saw they were going down into the wall. Had to remove the old shingles, the old house was rotten as it could be. There was two nice rows of comb between the studs about four feet long. Got ten frames of comb, there was very little brood and honey, but lots of pollen. There must have been another colony close by because just before we were packing up to leave there was a robbing frenzy starting to take place, had to get everything buttoned up kind of quick like. Even got paid extra to put the side of the house back together.

Ben you might know who the customer was, she use to be a Knox county commissioner, Wanda Moody. She was a very nice person to visit with.

Now to start feeding them a little, will maybe combine them with the sequoyah cut out I did a while back.

3. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I don't think I've ever met Wanda Moody... but the name is familiar, probably from the news.

The last time I did a cutout I told the homeowner to leave the side of the house open and let the robbers lick his walls clean as a button before putting everything back up... of course that was also an abandoned house, so he wasn't in a hurry to button it all up anyway.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

She has 20 acres on middlebrook pike and said i was more than welcome to put out a couple of swarm traps next spring.

5. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Would've loved to help with this one, but I had tore up my leg pretty bad Wed. morning and spent the day in the hospital getting x-rays and whatnot.

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

well what happened to ya?!?!

I hope you are OK.

I got the wife to help me out, it was her first time to really mess with the bees and it was a good experience (no stings and gentle bees to work with).

7. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I just slipped in the shower and my leg somehow ended up between me and the rim of the tub when I fell on it... but nothing was broken... but it sure swelled up and turned all sorts of different colors. But I'll be alright... If

That's good that you got your wife to help you... my wife is still at the "ew, they're bugs, you deal with them" stage.