Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home this afternoon to find two ice chests on my front porch. Each one had a whole deer, dressed, quartered, and packed in ice.

It sure is nice to have friends.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
sounds like a great deal to me! you didn't even have to shoot it, gut it, skin it, or cut it up too awful much.... friends like that are worth a few jars of honey!

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I got two more tonight. The only thing is, they came with the hide on. That's all right, tho, I'll take them either way. Gun season comes in Saturday. I may have my possession limit before then, unless I give some away.

Two young does this time. Nice and tender.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more doe tonight. Killed this one myself. A two year old. It'll be nice and tender. :)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
When you find you have too much venison :roll: , feel free to send some up here! The only venison I see these days is still walking around.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I got some too this past weekend only mine was in a box all packaged wrapped labeled and frozen.
My neighbor cleaned out his deep freeze from this past winter and told me he was leaving for Arkansas on Mon. hunting. Not as fresh as yours Iddee, but beggars can't be choosers.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hobie, if freight wasn't so high, I would ship some tomorrow.

Rast, I am still eating from last season, so I guess yours is as fresh as what I'm using. I'll start using this years when last years is all gone.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Iddee said:
I came home this afternoon to find two ice chests on my front porch. Each one had a whole deer, dressed, quartered, and packed in ice.

It sure is nice to have friends.
Check the label. They took it to the wrong house. Ha, ha.
Does NC do like SC and allow the taking of one deer per day of season?
My friend Tim went out to Minnesota and came home w/ venison from a deer that was over 250 lbs dressed out. He gave me a couple of packages of steaks. Boy were they tender and yummy. You don't have to hunt to enjoy deer. You just have to know the right folks. Tim took the deer w/ a bow. If I remember the photos correctly, it was a ten point.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Two bucks and unlimited does per season, but all deer have to be tagged and reported. It's so they can tell how many are harvested in each area.

Or who has guns for when obama comes after them, I'm not sure which.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts