More Venison

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by Iddee, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I came home tonight to find a very large ice chest sitting on the front porch. I found 2 whitetails and 2 mule deer inside, quartered,packed on ice, and ready to process.
    Five minutes after I sat down, the phone rang. Another whitetail being offered. I had to skin it, but it is now packed on ice waiting for the cutting board.

2. Hobie

Hobie New Member

iddee, I have no idea how you tolerate neighbors like that. Just dumping stuff on your porch. You really ought to put your foot down.
    :D :lol:

P.S. I'd like a pair of size 8 deerskin moccasins.

3. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

WOW! 5 deer may just drive your missus over the edge, you might be better off to just let us take them off your hands. :D With friends like that you have lots of extra reasons to smile!

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Now you know I wouldn't put all that workload on you, Mamabeek. Besides, the missus has her sister helping today. Along with the tiny bit I do, she should be fine.

5. XLB

XLB New Member

really? what kind of moccasins?

6. BeeHunter

BeeHunter New Member

you got me up by a couple so far but the old man was up to 6 a few days ago! you guys down there have way too much time!!!lol keep your fingers out of the grinder!!!

7. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I really didn't know moccasins came in different kinds! All I can defintely say is NOT "water moccasins"!
    Do you make moccasins? I was really just joking, thinking of iddee chewing on all that deer hide, but I do like moccasins for wearing in the house. (We leave our shoes at the door.)

8. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

XLB hasn't had time lately to get on the forum, but I know that so far he doesn't make moccasins. He hopes to be able to try to learn that soon, but for now he's working on tanning the hides. I already have my order in for rabbit fur lined ones as soon as he is ready :D

9. Hobie

Hobie New Member

He has 25 days to perfect his new talent!

10. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

LOL! He might be able to get an acceptable hide finished in that time..... I guess some things have a bit of a learning curve to them, especially when they are self-taught.

11. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Nothing wrong with self taught, most times those are lessons well learned since the test is given FIRST.

12. Hobie

Hobie New Member

In my infinite generosity, I will offer to "dispose" of all XLB's failed first attempts.... :lol:

13. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

You're right G3, and XLB is diligently working to learn some new things. The mean old mama in me keeps yelling at him to clean up his mess, but the kid down inside cheers him on every day :D

Hobie, you are so sweet! I'll make sure to remember your offer when those attempts start stacking up ;)