Moving Koi and other fish stuff

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by Gypsi, Oct 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Active Member

are they saved as jpg files?

2. MD_Plants

MD_Plants New Member

Meant to put this in my thread. Sorry guys!

3. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

If I have really large images I put them on photobucket or another photo server and then post a link. Because my camera produces large images to directly post here I have to reduce the size.

4. roadkillbobb

it might be file size..not physical size...usually a sight will just shrink the pic to fit or it will scroll....

5. Gypsi

how big is the file

6. roadkillbobb

well it was moving day today...I got up 4am and spent about 2 hours packaging up all the koi in bags with water and pure oxygen, temp outside was just under 40 degrees and drove upstate about 4 hours and they all made it and are happy in their new home in 2 big ponds..
    on saturday I pumped out my small pond on the island and put the koi in 3-55 gallon drums with water and air stones so I could just net them up and bag them this morning..good thing for day light savings time, it gave me an extra hour of sleep..
    I refilled the pond as im sure there are some small baby fish still in the filters and piping, so next spring I will pump it out again and dis assemble to get any fish that remained....but at least all the ones I could see are out of there...
    I did notice on one of the 20 inch fish, large wounds on the sides. looks like a raccoon tried to grab and hold on, they look 80% healed up so im hoping the fish will continue to heal and live...
    one less headache to have to deal with...
    Ive had that koi pond over 25 years, in the beginning it was fun, but after time, the time and maintenance began to add up and when the fish get that big they require alot more care than the small ones...now they can swim till their hearts are content and feed on all the natural food of the bigger ponds...

7. Gypsi

I'm glad they did well. And yup, wounds heal in a healthy pond, I've seen some pretty bad scratches heal ok.