Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those raised bed garden boxes are starting to bear "fruit".
We have already had Lettuce, Swiss Chard, and used herbs from the herb bed. The rest will be ready before too long.

This little guy was sitting in the filbert tree watching............and waiting. :lol:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I like how you strategically or inadvertently placed the leafy items in more in the shade. That is some really thick rough cut lumber! You have a very fine looking back 40 and surprised rodent too....:grin:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I still have the landscape fabric and mulch (or gravel) to go down in all the walkways. In the immortal words of Doug and the Slugs, "Day by Day" :grin:

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Those trellises are snazzy. Can I assume you built them or is your wife handy with the construction too? What are you growing there--string beans?
I think back to this time last year when all this was just a dream for you. It's a lucky man who sees his dreams materialize. :yahoo:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Looks wonderful! Keep planting lettuce....as the old lettuces bolt or get eaten, you'll have new lettuce coming along. :smile:
Those tomatoes are going to get really big.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Believe it or not, I actually built that trellis system. :lol: It is for climbing peas. Carrots right next to them.
Beans (bush) are in the bed between the tomato's (12 of 'em, what were we thinking?) and trellis in the first pic.
Onions and garlic in the one small bed and a couple of zucchini in the empty looking bed.
Merigolds as a pest deterrent where needed.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Very nice garden Perry. I'm kind of awestruck of how green everything is. It should be brown this time of year :)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Beautiful garden, nice pictures:thumbsup: Great job Perry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts