My 2012 Honey Harvest Part 2

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by PerryBee, Sep 23, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Anyways, here is what comb should look like after extracting (no blow-outs like last years "custom" job :roll:)
    Then I collect all the cappings as I go in a stainless bowl, and when it gets full I dump it into a bucket in a bucket (the inner (top) one having holes drilled in the bottom so the honey can drain into the lower one). Given that it is not a big harvest, I am going to just put it into food grade plastic pails, some of them with honey gates. Easier to do clean up that way.
    Like a farmer always says....it'll be better next year! :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

2. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

nice job there Perry, makes me wanna hunt for a few capped frames to harvest:thumbsup: I am thinking about switching to small frames and boxes for honey supers like yours cause most of the extractor setups wont spin or you have to flip even if it does fit the 9 inch frames

3. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

It's gonna be yummy! :clapping:

4. Crofter

Crofter New Member

yep, nice looking frames. You are more artistic with that capping scratcher........ scratch that,........ capping lifter, than I am.

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Thanks for the pics Perry. Looking good. I extracted 30 lbs or so today. I'm going to let them finish about 14 frames before taking all the supers off next week.

Like the crocks. Are those Perry's official honey harvest kickers?