My April 30th,11 beeclass pictures

Discussion in 'Bees' started by crackerbee, May 1, 2011.

1. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

I must say,yesterday's bee workshop class was the most exciting one yet.The subject was package bees and splits,and was also the day all the new beeks got their first(they weren't my first bees,I had to get my bees earlier last month to pollinate the veggie garden)bees.The air was filled with bees shortly after my teacher(some of you may know him as "Americas bee keeper on the beesource forum)and his volunteers started filling the hives with splits and queens and package bees.After an hour so there was a constant cloud in the air of 10's of thousands of bees,what a sight it was.I estimate there were 40+ students anxiously waiting in line to receive their long waited first hive(s) of bees.I thought it was going to be a real fiasco after reading some of this months emails from the instructor,informing us to be patient so it wouldn't bee like the year before,but it was very organized and went extremely smooth,and everyone had a great time.

Here are plenty of photos of of Saturday's class(see if you can find me,I'm the fat old guy :eek:ldtimer: in the bee suit with the pretty wife)you can strum through,sorry I had to post them like this,but I thought it was easier because there are close 400 of them.

Enjoy :mrgreen:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11623035@N ... 491776933/

2. rast

rast New Member

That looks like it would have been fun, thanks for posting the pics.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Lots going on there. Were you making splits on some of the hives and boosting the numbers with packages?

Thanks for all of the pics.

I felt sorry for that little black bug in two of the pics, poor fella did not have a clue what was going on.

4. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

My instructor picked up all the hives for splits,package bees and queens this week for the beekeeping workshop in Groveland Fl. from a guy named Dave Miksa,I believe Rast knows him and lives nearby.

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

You should have some very fine bees from Dave.

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

great pictures. how many folks do you think showed up for this event?