My attempt at a Bee-Vac

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by PerryBee, Feb 7, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Based on Robo's design, here is my progress to date on my bee-vac. (On the cheap!!!!!)

First, find an old deep super that has a real bad corner or..........? Something you might cull anyways.
    [​IMG]
    Then set up your gear (Tundra style) no fancyman workshop for us. Snow is dissapearing anyway.
    [​IMG]
    Rip your deep into 3 pieces, two - 3", and one 1".
    Find some plywood and make the bottom sloped piece, drill a 2 1/4" hole at one end.
    [​IMG]
    Rip grooves in the pieces that form your top and screw together, staple 1/8" hardware cloth on bottom. (I added a center rail to stop any sagging).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cut another piece of plywood to slide into the grooves on the top, and drill two 2 1/4" holes in the plywood.
    Notch your side rails on the top to accomodate your ratchet strap.
    [​IMG]
    This is the 1" piece to make the shim Robo talks about. I will see if I can find some perforated sheet metal instead of hardware cloth to slide in a very thin kerf I will make.
    [​IMG]
    This is about all you should have left over from your rotten deep.
    [​IMG]

At this point you should be calling a friend who actually likes to paint and remind them they owe you a favour (Did I mention I hate painting?)
    I will post a pic. when it is all beautified!
    Total cost so far? About $5.00 (for the weatherstrip I have yet to put on)
    P.S. - Robo.................. :thumbsup:

2. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Nice job Perry!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I built mine from the same design(only i didn't build mine in the snow :lol: )

Great pics ,thanks for sharing :coolphotos: