My Bees Are Almost Here!

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by blueblood, Mar 29, 2012.

1. blueblood

blueblood New Member

My friend who is helping me with my first bee colonies called today to advise the bees are ready for pick up Tuesday the 3rd. I was excited and wanted to tell someone that would care...and that's you guys/gals. This is the moment I have been preparing for the last few months. I have to tell ya honestly, I am a tad bit nervous about standing in the midst of so many bees for the first time....

He is really helping me out with the my deeps by trading me a few built out frames of his for my new ones for both hives. We believe that will make it all the more enticing for the newcomers. The real estate for the bee yard pictured below is ready and waiting (even found two field stones for the covers). I haven't taken the hives out there yet to avoid attracting moths. I will follow up with this thread on Tuesday. Boy o Boy, I can't hardly wait...
    beeyard.jpg

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Just reading your thread lifted my spirits BB. :thumbsup:
    (Like tec has said, even experienced keeps feel the rush when someone new writes about their's) :wink:

P.S. - take some pics when you get 'em on the 3rd, they'll be keepsakes!

3. Omie

Omie New Member

It's exciting just to see the little patch on the ground all prepared and ready!

4. blueblood

blueblood New Member

@Perry, glad I could lift your spirits..I will definetly post some pics. I feel better having experienced help introducing them to the hives with me. There may even be a second keeper coming out as well. I may even get some pics of me in those handsome bee coveralls. I am excited to finally change from, I am going to keep bees to I keep bees...ha!
    @Omie, I prepared that more than a week ago...I take a walk in my field everyday and always find myself pausing by it, thinking about the busy work that will go on there. All of this couldn't be better timing. Several flowering trees are still out and the Dandelions are starting to pop out everywhere. My wildflowers are in the stem and leaf phase and will be out in a month or so...

5. jim314

jim314 New Member

That's cool blueblood, you'll have many days of wonder ahead of you. And in "wonder" I mean you will think "what the heck is happening now" :) But it will all be good.

6. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

I am getting so psyched about getting mine two weeks out, but it looks like I'm getting some bonus bees on Saturday. Wish you the most of luck:thumbsup:

7. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

Its always nice to hear the excitement in ones post when they are near to having or have just gotten their first bees. Keep us informed and ask any questions that you have, don't be shy. Jim

8. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Thanks fellas...I will take good photos and follow up....Dave

9. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

Over in Morgantown? Maybe I'll run into you there!

It's an adrenaline rush! You'll love it!

10. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I believe it is Morgantown. My friend who is picking the bees up has mentioned a female who basically runs the business...does sound right? Anyway, I am looking forward to the rush of it. I'm going to take it all in since it's not every day a guy gets to introduce packages into hives. I'm thinking about painting a Superman "S" on my bee suit to create more confidence in the cotton protecting me, ha! Just kidding...