Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My local newspaper is holding a contest and giving away family packs of tickets to our county fair. *To enter we were asked our 3 favorite things to do, with our family, at the fair. *My number one favorite thing to do with the family was "Hang out with the beekeeper at sunset." *I didn't pre-plan this, with this post in mind. *It really is our favorite thing to do.

At sunset, we are all a little tired from a long full day and the beekeepers building is a quiet place on the west side of the fair grounds. *Its amazing to watch the bees huddle towards the setting sun. *The beekeeper is always really nice and answers our kids questions. *Its a great place and time to be.

So, here is were you can help. *If you appreciate the shout out and the sentiment. *Please follow this link, use the FIND feature and search for 'beekeeper' and give me your vote. {UPDATE: Someone actually copied my responses. Very odd, mine is the first 'beekeeper' in the list next to my name, which is Jon.-- Thanks}

http://www2.columbian.com/faircontest/
Ends 7/31

Thank you, thank you!!!
From me and the family

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
lol done

·
Registered
382 Posts
I made it #305

Have a Great Day at the Fair !!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Done. I'm 373. Hope you win and have a great time. While you're "hanging out with the beekeeper at sunset"-ask him how you can get started as a beekeeper. It's fun and rewarding.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Now you're 387. It's in your pocket.
Have a great time at the fair and while you're there,tell the beekeeper that the men/women of the craft stick together. :yahoo:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE: Thank you all so very very much. I made a big jump overnight and I have beekeepers to thank for it!!! For my part I want to run in a clean and fun contest. Please make sure every vote is legal. I contacted the newspaper earlier in the week when things looked a bit wonky. They said "We have safeguards in place now. If someone's cheating, we'll know, and we'll be able to disqualify them."

Thank you beekeepers for doing all you do!!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mine made it 633, I think you're gonna landslide this one with no problem :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is basically a shameless bump. 1 hr to go before the contests closes at midnight pacific time and I'm just 50 points behind. If there are any more beekeepingforums votes out there willing to participate I'd appreciate a swarm. :) (bee joke, this is fun) Legal votes only please. I don't want to get disqualified.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
I can't believe it--how could anyone get more than you? :beg:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This may raise your spirits. (see attached) No word from newspaper yet. I sent them a happy thank you note this morning with the screen shot @12:11AM that showed a dead tie, also asking if I got STACY HARRIS 77 plagiarism votes :) Its odd that the website is still accepting votes. Not sure whats going on yet. Will let you all know when I hear. I have a feeling they are scratching their heads too. This has been a blast, thank you all!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Win or Lose I have one thing to say;

I am impressed by the manners you have shown on the bee boards.

Murrell

1 - 20 of 26 Posts