my favorite deer hunting story

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by riverrat, Nov 25, 2010.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

years ago i was setting in deer camp we set up each year in a farmer we hunt ons shop complete with commercial meat rail and hobart grinder and bandsaw. Any how one afternoon the local mortician stopped in to visit and found the deer hunting interesting so we sent him to town to buy a couple doe tags gave him an old rifle and a flash light and sent him out to stone barn (we name all our blinds shooting gallery, tajmahal, carpet city, stone barn, etc) any how we picked him up after dark he had seen nothing. so we sent him out to the same place in the morning. about 9 he came into camp and said he had shot a doe. we went out to the truck to look at it and there was no deer. he looks at us and as serious as could be told us a story of how he had shot this doe it jumped moved about 10 feet and stopped so he shot it again and it dropped like a rock. he said he put his gun down and walked up to the deer got with in 20 feet and got so excited he yelled dam i got her. anyhow he said the deer jumped up and took off running and then he seriously asked do all deer play opossum like that when you shoot at them. them darn city boys today the guy is still known as possum we took him out and picked up the deer it ran about 75 yards and dropped dead in a waterway lined with trees. can anyone top that one and its got to be true

2. XLB

XLB New Member

the hunting trip when my brother got his first deer, he was hunting with my dad while i was hunting in a different blind within seeing distance of the barn my brother and dad was hunting in. it was almost dark when i started hearing my brother and dad shooting. they took seven shots and i stared out the window at the barn thinking, "have they lost their minds"! so i unloaded my rifle and got out of the blind and waited for someone to come pick me up. next thing i knew, i was haulin my dad's doe to the truck to be brought up to the spot where we would skin it and clean it. then out for the next one, i went out to help track the other one my dad shot. it ran into a near by creek where my brother shot him in the head drug him out to the same spot we took the other one. then just one more that my brother shot in the gut, it ran about a hundred yards or so and dropped. so we finished that one and brought it up with the rest. whenever i tell anyone this deer hunting story, i still tell them my dad and brother got one and a half deer that day :mrgreen: . i don't know if it tops riverrat's story, but it's my favorite deer hunting story. :D