MY FIRST TASTE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bee News' started by gunsmith, Sep 5, 2011.

1. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

About an hour ago, I went out to inspect my 2 hives, which were started as packages the 23rd of April. 1 is going strong-but the other is doing poorly. I may end up combining them for the winter. However-with the lousy weather we've had this year-I plan on leaving everything for the girls, I pulled out a frame and found the girls had built bridge comb between the frames and I had torn it apart. It was dripping honey, so I scraped it off, and ran into the house with it. My wife thought I was nuts 'cause I hadn't even un-zipped my veil. We shared that morsel, about 1 in. X 1 in. X 2 inches, and it was glorious! The first taste of honey from my own hives! I hope the old timers can re-live that moment vicariously through my post, and the new folks can look forward to that moment with anticipation. Thanks to everyone here on the forum! :Dancing:

2. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

And to think people complain about burr comb :D Jim

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Now you have to go back and get more. It's law. You have to send each of us a taste. :thumbsup: :beg:

4. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

As soon as you tell me how to e-mail it I'll be more than happy to, :lol:

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

your first taste of comb honey still warm from the hive... it don't get no better than that.

6. Walt B

Walt B New Member

The first honey is always a moment to remember. Congratulations.

On a sneaky note, last year when we were harvesting, there was a crew that was cutting down one of our trees. My wife took a frame out to them and, after assuring them that there were no fire breathing, big fanged bees, gave each a spoon and let them take a sample.

She sold 10 bottles of honey! :thumbsup:

Walt