My Honey. sales are over for the year

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by brooksbeefarm, Sep 28, 2009.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I sold honey at the farmers market (started in July) and sold all but one quart at our town festival (Sept.26 and 27). Now for the pep talk to the girls for next year :yahoo: The big problem is i don't have honey left for my regular customers :confused:. This is the time of year i dread, checking hives for any problems mites,shb,disease and stores fo the winter. I came out of last winter with 26 productive hives and have built back up to sixty hives going into this winter. I'm retired and use to go fishing 2 to 3 times a week now about 3 times a year. What happened. :confused: Jack

2. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Rainy days....go fishing. Sunny days.....it's beekeeping. Nighttime....well, use your imagination... :thumbsup:

And if you got time to complain, you need more hives! :Dancing:

3. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

I also used to go fishing, travel to wisconsin to see the grand children. I don't buy plates for the boat trailer any longer. Have not been to Wisconsin to see the G children in several years during the summer.

I have a hobby bee keeper that buys honey from me by the 5 gallon pail to keep up with his demand. He is a better seller than I am but My bees live longer than his do most winters.

:D Al