My new grandbaby

Discussion in 'Family' started by Mama Beek, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

[​IMG]

Meet my newest little honeypie, Maddox Michael. He was born yesterday early in the evening by c-section a little over 4 weeks early. His Daddy was a bit excited and accidentally announced his height & weight incorrectly as being 24" and 12 lbs. He's actually 25 1/2" and 12lbs. 12 oz. !! :shock:

He's the talk of the hospital, a girl from the kitchen brought my daughter her tray and was telling her all about the "huge" baby that some lady had given birth to the day before.....Jessi just smiled and told her that was her son and pointed to the bassinet beside her bed. :lol:

I'm betting his two older sisters are gonna have a bit of trouble with him once he learns to move around on his own.....which I bet my daughter is hoping will be very soon. ;)

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Too bad they didn't wait full term. He could have walked home.
    Glad they are both safe and healthy.

3. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I think Jessi might have had to go through the delivery in a correctional facility if they had told her she had to wait 4 more weeks. She says he better learn to walk early or she's gonna strap skates on him and roll him around until he does.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That is a good looking boy for sure.

Hope Mom and Maddox are doing fine and get to go home soon.

G3

5. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

thanks G3, they are doing good and hope to get to go home in a day or two.

6. Ngaio

Ngaio New Member

Far out he is a big baby boy ! My grandson was 9lbs 4oz and that was heavy enough, I can`t hold him for long now, he is 2 and looks 4. You do love them though ..

7. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Hi Ngaio, yep....you just can't help but fall head over heels when it's your baby's baby. I haven't met this little feller yet but will get to see him in the next few weeks. My daughter lives quite a long way from here.

8. Charles

Charles New Member

A fine looking grandson, congrats mama beek! I feel sorry for the boys that get in his way when he starts playing football or gets hungry for that matter :lol:

9. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Thanks Charles. Most of the fellers in our family tend to be a bit "difficult" when they're hungry, but I'm sure this newest boy will be a whole 'nuther challenge. Jess was telling me her arms hurt by the time he's ready to be burped halfway through a feeding! I guess that's one way to lose the baby weight....LOL, she'll be getting plenty of exercise for sure.

10. rast

rast New Member

Congratulations Grand Mama Beek.
    I weighed almost 12 lbs and grew up skinny as a bean pole.

11. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Congratulations to all! Nearly 13 lbs... Mom will have some arm muscles!

12. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Sounds like mom needs a sling thing to help with the weight. They are safe for those being attended to.

:mrgreen: Al