Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 min away, 1 full brood box for sure :yahoo: (pokes perry with a stick)

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yep I'd hate to think of Zookeep needin a step stool to box ANOTHER hive. :D Jim

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe 6 feet off the ground so I might have to stretch my arm a bit :rolling: :rotfl:

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think open nests with the white comb are the most beautiful one's,nice pics Zoo :coolphotos:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Nice, real nice!
That's it Buddy, show no mercy! :cry:
Kick me when I'm down! :(
Take no prisoners :frustrated:

On another note, I'm travelling to Halifax tomorrow to meet affs and Adam Foster Collins (forum members) for supper at a restaurant or pub :yahoo:
There'll be some bee talkin goin on for shore! :thumbsup:
Maybe we'll talk about those beekeepers in Florida and how good they have it! :lol:

·
Registered
583 Posts
no kidding....im sooooo jelious now...sighhhh....hernando n sumter countys might as well be in michigan for as many colonys as i've been seeing round here...lol...i know where theres one at....100' up in a cypress tree on the hootchee scoochee river bout 1/2 mile from my house....might as well be on the moon :/

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
very nice, it seems like there may be a few feral colonies of honeybees in the state of Florida afterall, that aren't Africanized. go get them lol.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thats it.....im getting a bunch of those political sign gimmics made up to say ''lost honey bees....yellow an black....kinda cranky....1lb jar of honey for reward.'' then we'll see if there are any of the little porkers left round here :|

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thats my pet name for the withlachoochee river....an that tree is so tall if you could climb to the top you could touch the moon....i bet the bees cant even fly around up there without registeing a flight plan first with TIA :/

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, did it and found the queen 3rd layer in, she is gold and a fat thing, hope every1 else had a day like mine :Dancing: my wife sat with me the hole time and took the pics and the new bee vac I built is sweet, didnt kill any bees at all and that was alot of bees :yahoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Let me be the first to say Thanks for the pics! :coolphotos:
Even though I think you have it faaaaaaar too easy down there, (what with a wife that even helps you with the bees and all :shock: ), it is always appreciated!
Big thumbs up! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
was in this hive today and the queens in overdrive, there are eggs everywhere, the field workers are bringing in tons of pollen so I slapped on another gallon of 1 to 1 rather see them have too much then not enough at this point :Dancing:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gun I looked at a few plans and took ideas from all of them and combined and built 1, I posted over in the plans projects section of the forum.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts