My next removal

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Zookeep, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

wow I like this 1 :Dancing: :Dancing: lol back to mann lakes, I have a order on the way now and now I need another :lol:

Attached Files:

2. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

Dang I hate you :D . Dust me in flour and call me a snobird I'm moving to florida for the winter (not). Do you do removals for monetary reward or is it just for fun and bees? Jim

3. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

Depends on the work, this will be a free 1, so easy anyways (and cause I just want them sooo bad!!!) :lol:

4. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

just got this 1 as well :Dancing:

Attached Files:

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I say we start a "swarm pool", sort of like they do for a football game or some other sporting event.
    How many swarms (not sure if we include cutouts or trapouts, maybe that's a separate pool) can Zookeep catch in a specific amount of time, say 2 months, or maybe 4?

This is just sooooooooooooooooooooooo totally unfair! :cry: :lol:

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Well, Perry, there's summer fun, and there's winter fun. Here's my pickup this morning.

[​IMG]

7. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

Wow Iddee thats real nice, My sons out now hunting now for hog or deer not sure what 1 he is after, I used to love to hunt just dont have the time needed anymore to put into it, gratz on the kills :Dancing:

8. RE Jones

RE Jones New Member

Zoo, any idea as to why the comb is so yellow in the second picture?
    The hive that I gave to Crackerbee had yellow comb like that. Most of the ones that I pick up are all white.
    Robert

9. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

I would think its age and maybe what ever the girls are foraging at the time.

10. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

My bet would bee forage. :thumbsup:
    When my bees build any comb and the goldenrod is in bloom the comb can be real yellow.

11. Marbees

Marbees Member

I am with Perry on this one. In my new apiary rich with golden rod, new comb was very yellow, nothing like that in my home apiary where clover and sweet clover were major plants, and new comb is always white.

12. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

Im pulling my ads for a while, Im getting too many calls and cant keep up and I need a break, hard to think this is the slow time of year too, got another hollow palm and a shed call last night with bees in them, also was contacted by a pest control company, the woman that owns it has a hive in her house and she wants me to do all her bee calls, she said she does not like having to kill honeybees, works for me but I need a day off. I dont know maybe Im just cranky cause I been up since 530am and the coffee has not kicked in yet.

13. Iddee

Iddee New Member

No reason to pull your ads. Just go up on your prices until you get a few refusals. Then adjust your price until you have the number of takers you want.

14. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

Agree with Iddee, raise your rates and/or charge for the easy ones, that will slow it down some. Free or cheap will keep you hopping but if they have shell out a few bucks some will slow down on you. I don't even advertise free swarm removal anymore as everybody thinks a hive is a swarm and want em gone for free. Now I leave my card with Real Estate agents and do service work with them. I charge for trap outs and cut outs and property managers or sellers don't mind paying for your work. Jim