My nightmare!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Jul 20, 2011.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Someday I hope I can look back and laugh! Thanks for the words of encouragement folks.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Six weeks to go, no kitchen, no bathroom, no flooring, no walls! :shock: :frustrated: This is only half of the mess!
    A carpenter (now a friend) is the guy in the pictures. I will be in his debt (not financially) forever for guiding me through this.
    See you on the finished side (I hope).

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

yep that a mess... been there done that and it was never pretty.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I thought you were going to show us a cut out behind the chimney :lol:

yep, sure is a big mess, a day of pitching out the trash, a good sweep job, and some new sheet rock, things will look sooooo much different and the end will be in sight.

Just keep the finished project in your sights and all will be good.

4. Crofter

Crofter New Member

Ya, you could put one dandy of an observation hive in place of that chimney! Some situations dont get funny till you can look back at them later.

5. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Todays nightmares are tomorrows dreams. I just made that up. Too much time on my hands?

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Wow--does that house have potential!!
    You're gonna love it when it's finished.
    Carry on :yahoo:

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

you will be proud of it once you get it done and you look back and say darn I did all that. :thumbsup:

8. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Looks to me that you did the right thing by repairing the wall behind that chimney. I had an old house where (sometime before I bought the place) the fire got through the brick into the bad wood. Big charred spot in the eave that I never saw until I had the place re-sided.

Keep plugging! And take lots of "before" photos, because no one will believe you "after".

9. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Sorry to hear that you're having so much grief with the house Perry.Remember there is a beginning and end to everything,you'll get through it just fine.
    The wife and I built our house from scratch 12 years ago I know what you're going through,and you will prevail in the end I'm sure.

Good luck Perry,and get the work done,so you can get back to regular posting here,we miss the humor and wit in your postings.