My queenless hive is apparently not, and now I bow to all you bee gurus!

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by BSAChris, Jul 5, 2013.

1. BSAChris

BSAChris New Member

:smile: I was out inspecting my four hives, and my one weakest one which I had been on here a week ago crying about, is not queenless anymore. :grin:

All of you who politely wondered a week ago if I'd actually paid attention when it first went queenless and I put a first full frame of eggs and brood - you were right, I missed whatever happened in there, because now they are calm and I have a great pattern of eggs right in the middle of each cell. And I was so sure I was right - what a dope.

Where's the "I bow to you" emoticon? :bow: You're the best, all of you :thumbsup: Thank you.

2. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

We have all been there. We've learned by trial and error. And provide advice out of our experience or learning things the hard way. We are glad you came to this forum to allow use to share our hard learned knowledge with you.

3. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

Move along...nothing to see here....lol

I'm glad everything worked out for you.

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I checked a nuc 2 days ago that had a new queen hatched out almost 3 weeks ago. I found her but no eggs. I gave her one more week and then it was the end of the line. I couldn't help myself and checked an hour ago (2 days later) and there she was with her butt in a cell and eggs all around her. :thumbsup:

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

And best of all, we don't even say "I told you so".

Well, not often, anyway. :lol:

Glad it worked out.

6. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

I'm ashamed that Chris doesn't know everything. She's been on this forum for a few weeks. Must be a learning disability.

7. BSAChris

BSAChris New Member

I agree - its shocking! You should have taught me better :grin:

8. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

Don't worry about it. I am high strung about queens also. I tend to fret about it and expect to much way to fast and then pull the trigger on deciding a queen is lost or failed to mate to soon. I did it again last weekend. checking on mating nucs and thinking the virgins have been lost. then I checked my print out from a queen rearing calendar I found and it shows they should have only been making their mating flights last weekend. Once again I have to rein myself back and give them time to get going. I have made myself shell shocked over queens since last April. I had a bad swarm episode in the spring and was on pins and needles about hives requeening for a couple of months. I have not recovered yet. I interferred way to much and some of the hives had a real hard time getting up and going again. no losses thanks to having strong colonies.