The early spring in Alabama got everything off to a good start. I pulled another honey super off in just under 6 weeks yesterday filled with capped honey. This is the first time I've used "Bee Quick" to clear the super of bees and was surprised how well it worked. I'm not sure I used it correctly but here's what I did. I pulled the super off, bees and all and moved it away from the hive and placed in under a covered shed. It was heavy! I sprayed the "Bee Quick" on the felt inside the special made top cover and placed it on top of the super. The super was sitting on a disc harrow so they had plenty of open space underneath to exit. In just a matter of seconds after I placed the top on the super, the bees came boiling out. In just under 2 hours the super was empty of bees except for 8 who came into the house with me and the super. They came out one by one and I gave them a ride on my finger to freedom. I tried to take some pictures of the event but had several that didn't turn out so good, especially the one or two I took as I was leaving the area when the bees started leaving the super! Right after the second photo the bees came out in a huge wave. I've never seen anything like that in my life. So many bees leaving at once actually surprised me and I left with them.