My second swarm call

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by d.magnitude, Jun 18, 2011.

1. d.magnitude

d.magnitude New Member

I got another call today from the same couple that gave me a swarm last Wednesday. Another swarm issued from their wall again, and landed in the same bush, this time a whopping 3 feet off the ground.

Again, piece of cake (although I did get a couple stings while coaxing in the stragglers when I was trying to close up the hive at dusk tonight). I'm going to heed others' advice now and get a lure box up at the old couple's house asap. I just have to make sure I don't run out of equipment; judging from the activity at the hole in the wall, there were still lots of bees in there.

I may have to read up on doing a trap out.
    -Dan

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Just think of this old couple's house as a bee vending machine that doesn't need quarters! :mrgreen:
    No swarming yet up here.

3. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

Still waiting on pics :beg:

4. d.magnitude

d.magnitude New Member

Sorry, I forgot my camera again on this one. I'm going to have to add it to my list of "standard swarm equipment". Don't worry though, I hope to hear from these folks again.

-Dan

5. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

Sounds like you just might hear from them again...I'll bet you'd pay to see the mother hive---I would...I'll bet it is HUGE...
    Congrats on an easy call. May they all be so easy.
    LtlWilli

6. crackerbee

crackerbee Member

Next time you go please take your camera with you,we like pictures.My first catch a little over a month ago was an easy one.