my shot at a bee vac

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by Zookeep, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

took a few ideas from all over the place and added a few of my own. slide board off of top frame and a telescoping lid drops on and bottom has PT legs and and you can just leave the plastic shield up and use it as a bottom board for a few days to let the girls calm down then come back and take off top frame and ad a inner cover and set on real bottom board

Attached Files:

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Looks good to go!!

One question though, I see you have a small hole in the sliding lid, is that for the hose to the shop vac? Well two questions, how will you regulate the vacuum pressure?

Putting the top and bottom together with the weather seal material, it will stick together, even a empty box will stick to it (at least mine does).

I have left the bottom on a hive for several weeks to let them settle down, never had a problem.

3. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

I bought a vac that fits on top of a 5 gallon pale and it has a small suction tube (small hole in the sliding top board) and the suction pressure using a 2 1/2 in suction line out the bottom works just perfect but I can open the slide top just a bit in needed

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

sound like a winner, now for the bees :thumbsup:

5. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

:coolphotos:

Nice job on the vac Zoo,now you're armed and dangerous. :lol: :rolling: :rotfl:

6. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

well, I just picked up 2 cut-outs so Ill let you all know how its works :D