National Honeybee Day

Discussion in 'Upcoming Meetings' started by tom, Aug 2, 2011.

1. tom

tom New Member

Hello i hope this is the right place for this but my bee club will be holding National Honeybee Day in Clarksville Va. on August 20th 2011 at Occoneechee State Park from 9 to 1:00 hope to see you all out here and help celebrate the sweet Honeybee.

Thomas Yancey

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It's a fine place for it, Tom. Hope you have a good turn out.

3. tom

tom New Member

Thanks i have asked every club i could find near my group to come hope it goes well we will have plenty of good things to show the public. And baked goods anyone that wants to come out please do so you alll are welcome.

Thomas Yancey

www.beeassoc.webs.com

4. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Tom wrote:....we will have plenty of good things to show the public.

How about giving a few details to make it more enticing? ;)

5. tom

tom New Member

Ok we try to educate the public about how important honeybees are to us all and we have many beekeepers on hand with equipment and pictures to show the public the things we use in keeping bees. And we ask any questions that they need to know we also have a bake sale everything made with honey no sugar and we sold alot of bake goods last year.It' a bunch of beekeepers getting together and having a good time talking about different thing's on how we do with our hives and trade secrets and we learn from each other. We have guest speackers to come out and give a talk on bees to everyone last year we had Mike Thomas and his family out and this year we are hoping to maybe have the Virginia State beekeepers president to come out and share in this day and we have a picnic too. So if you are not busy please come out and join us you will have a fun time.

Thomas

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

:goodpost:
    That''s more like it. Because of the distance I won't be able to attend, but now you make me feel sorry that I can't.
    I hope it's a real successful event. :thumbsup:

7. tom

tom New Member

Thanks for the comment i wish you could come out to i would love to meet other beekeepers and exchange ideas and get more advice i think a meeting like this everyone benifits from it because you leave with so much new information. And you make new friends and new contacts this is a place to meet and talk bees all day long.

Thomas :(

8. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Beekeepers develop their own pheromones and like to stick together. ;)