Nectar flow in NC

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by wfuavenger, Apr 8, 2010.

1. wfuavenger

wfuavenger New Member

I guess that it is holly and wisteria along with some hard wood or something, but the bees are definatly bringing in nectar and curing it down to honey. My back deck for the last few days has smelled FANTASTIC! It is wafting around the house to the front and all I have had to do is open the windows when it cools off to get the smell throughout the evening. To describe it would be like being able to smell the color purple... Kind of crazy, but that is how I could best describe it.

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Easter I took a bit of a trip thru East Texas and in several towns there you could smell the wisteria.

I can still somewhat remember taking my first load of bees into North Dakota mainly because the sweet clover (yellow) was in full bloom and the whole country side had this luscious sweet smell.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

The wisteria is just now starting to put out here. There is a place near the pasture that is a jungle with it.

G3

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

We are getting the sweet smell of multifloral rose, but i don't think the bees work it. :confused: Jack

5. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

The bees here in Michigan work that nasty Mutla flora rose. but that doesn't happen untill well into June. One of our first after the fruit trees is Russian Olive.

:mrgreen: Al

6. rast

rast New Member

After dark and before sunrise, the orange blossom smell is very strong here.