Beekeeping Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Hi again, You are right about the almon farmers. They start to grow about 30 miles south of here. Up here we all grow mostly walnuts and cherries. By the time almond pollination is over the hives for cherries cost a whole lot less. I guess so they don't have to go north to soon. To bad you don't live closer you could trap the tree hive. Between gardening, taking care of horse and age I'll let the bees take care of themselves and enjoy watching them work. It is facinating to think you cross breed you're own bees.

lovemybees:
If I'm understanding your posts, you want the bees around, but don't want to be a beekeeper.
Maybe you could contact a local, hobbiest beekeeper, and have him/her catch a swarm and put them in his/her equipment on your property.
This way, you could have the benefit of the pollination for your orchard and garden, and the local beek could have an outlying bee yard. I have a similar situation coming up next spring. I have a removal to do-and am talking the property owner into letting me set the bees up in a hive on his property.
I see this as a win-win situation, and we get to share in the honey rewards.
Good luck.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.