need some help

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by mead_brewer, May 19, 2011.

1. mead_brewer

mead_brewer New Member

hello to all im not a beekeeper but i am a brewer. if anyone can put me in contact with someone who sales honey it would be very much apreciated. i'm from cetral louisiana pineville to be specific. thanks to all.

2. riverrat

riverrat New Member

welcome to the forum mead brewer. not sure i bet iddee probly knows someone down that way

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Send a PM to JPthebeeman and shawee on this forum. One of them should be able to help. A bit more specific on location may help. Central La. covers a lot of territory.

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

thats what im talking about iddee the go to guy when you gots to go to the gettin place :thumbsup:

5. mead_brewer

mead_brewer New Member

didnt expect so much help so quick thanks i really apreciate it

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Now hang around and tell us about brewing. There's a thread for recipes under "products of the hive" going on now.

7. Zulu

Zulu Member

Your local farmers market is always a good place to start. Also make it clear you are wanting gallons of honey up front.

Before I kept bees , our brew club had a deal to buy 20 gallons each summer. Then we split it up ourselves. That way we got bulk discount.

Another place is locaal extension service - they will most likely know who to go to.

But Iddee's idea of JP is great as he is one of us.

8. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I just visited a bee keeper (on LA 1) just a bit south of Alexandria (around Meauraville-sp???- maybe). I suspect the flooding in southern Louisiana is likely to make things difficult for the remainder of the season.