Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all im not a beekeeper but i am a brewer. if anyone can put me in contact with someone who sales honey it would be very much apreciated. i'm from cetral louisiana pineville to be specific. thanks to all.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
welcome to the forum mead brewer. not sure i bet iddee probly knows someone down that way

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Send a PM to JPthebeeman and shawee on this forum. One of them should be able to help. A bit more specific on location may help. Central La. covers a lot of territory.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
thats what im talking about iddee the go to guy when you gots to go to the gettin place :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Now hang around and tell us about brewing. There's a thread for recipes under "products of the hive" going on now.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Your local farmers market is always a good place to start. Also make it clear you are wanting gallons of honey up front.

Before I kept bees , our brew club had a deal to buy 20 gallons each summer. Then we split it up ourselves. That way we got bulk discount.

Another place is locaal extension service - they will most likely know who to go to.

But Iddee's idea of JP is great as he is one of us.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
I just visited a bee keeper (on LA 1) just a bit south of Alexandria (around Meauraville-sp???- maybe). I suspect the flooding in southern Louisiana is likely to make things difficult for the remainder of the season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts