New Breed of Bees Maybe?

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by brooksbeefarm, Jun 28, 2012.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Having a bumper crop of honey in my hives 60 miles north of home. One of these hives had three med. supers full and capped and even had comb honey hanging from the lid down into the top feeder that i leave on year round.Well when i took the top feeder off and put the fumeboard on ( i left it on for ten minutes, temp was 100F) the bees were still in the super and working the broken burr comb (with honey) on top of the frames like nothing had happen.The Bee Go didn't seem to bother them?? I ended up robbing them with a bee brush and smoke, after taking two supers off it was making a mess of things and killing to many bees with the temp. and running honey (they were drowning in it) so i left one super on.This is the first time that the Bee Go didn't work for me with the sun shinning on it? and no, there wasn't any brood in the honey supers.Any of you ever have this happen?? Jack

2. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

No, I do not think that qualifies as some new breed of bees.

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I didn't really think they were a new breed of bees, but they had to be tough to withstand that stink. What i thought was strange was, i robbed three other hives and the Bee Go drove them clear to the bottom, it cracks me up watching them standing with there butts in the air and fanning trying to get the smell out of their hive.:lol: The northern counties (in Mo.) where i have some bee yards,had alot of rain and the girls out did there selves in honey producing.I only brought back 8 med supers of honey, i won't take off more than i can extract in two days, with the truck garden, cattle and grandkids ball games, it runs into work. Al, the newbee that went with me was alot of help, he said he learned more that day than he did from our four day classes we had last Jan. ansd wants to go again.:thumbsup: Jack

4. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

jack said:
    "it cracks me up watching them standing with there butts in the air and fanning trying to get the smell out of their hive."

i guess your girls were giving you the 'what for' for using that bee-go :lol:

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Sounds like Jack was ....MOONED.... :shock: :lol: :lol: