new feeders

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Zookeep, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

found a new way for them to suck down 4 gallons in 1 afternoon (not kidding, the little gluttons) I wanted to find a way to feed them but without having to fill things up every day (yet another plan gone to heck) I put 5 gallons in them and put them out at 1st light and I think by dark all 5 gallons will be gone :lol:

Attached Files:

2. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

lol I back fed a very weak colony 4 lbs of goldenrod honey--someone has to eat it right..., did that Monday, today bone dry, and a lot of new comb drawn --Buckfast bees very busy preparing 2 more gallons of syrup for tomorrow
    Barry

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

""Buckfast bees very busy preparing 2 more gallons of syrup for tomorrow""

WOW, tell us how you get the bees to prepare it. I've always had to do it for them. :rolling:

4. Hog Wild

Hog Wild New Member

Zookeep,

Are those just towels placed around the outside and then some type of mesh over the actual feed bowl to keep them from drowning?

5. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

i told ya.....bees are little flying pigs....thats why i call my bees ''sumter county porkers'' i have 3 gallons sitting they wont touch....but the maple bloom is about to end....and then their stingers will curl up into little pig tails an my wallet will get skinny....FAST.

6. rast

rast New Member

Are you sure you're feeding your bees only?

7. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

towels are in the feeders to give the bees a ladder out of the food, and the feeders 30 feet away from 10 hives and 4 nucs, few might not be mine but sure most are Rast :lol:

8. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Iddee, actually I was preparing the syrup lol, though I am certian if they could they would flying porker's a good name lol