Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a new way for them to suck down 4 gallons in 1 afternoon (not kidding, the little gluttons) I wanted to find a way to feed them but without having to fill things up every day (yet another plan gone to heck) I put 5 gallons in them and put them out at 1st light and I think by dark all 5 gallons will be gone :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
lol I back fed a very weak colony 4 lbs of goldenrod honey--someone has to eat it right..., did that Monday, today bone dry, and a lot of new comb drawn --Buckfast bees very busy preparing 2 more gallons of syrup for tomorrow
Barry

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
""Buckfast bees very busy preparing 2 more gallons of syrup for tomorrow""

WOW, tell us how you get the bees to prepare it. I've always had to do it for them. :rolling:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Zookeep,

Are those just towels placed around the outside and then some type of mesh over the actual feed bowl to keep them from drowning?

·
Registered
583 Posts
i told ya.....bees are little flying pigs....thats why i call my bees ''sumter county porkers'' i have 3 gallons sitting they wont touch....but the maple bloom is about to end....and then their stingers will curl up into little pig tails an my wallet will get skinny....FAST.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
towels are in the feeders to give the bees a ladder out of the food, and the feeders 30 feet away from 10 hives and 4 nucs, few might not be mine but sure most are Rast :lol:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Iddee, actually I was preparing the syrup lol, though I am certian if they could they would flying porker's a good name lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts