Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Yes i would be intrested,we had a lady come to our bee club and gave a talk on Apitherapy.She had a clinic in Ava, Mo. and also went to peoples homes to give treatments.She had many people she treated for different things that said she cured them or helped them. It needs more study. :confused: Jack

PS. I hear she is still around.I would think the malpratice insurance would cost more than she made,if she could get it. :confused:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
How about a forum for "Bee Medicinals" or some such name?
This could encompass apitherapy, but also the preparation and use of propolis tinctures, homeopathic apis preparations, pollen supplements, royal jelly, the benefits of local honey for allergies, etc.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I like the direction omie wants to take this. There is a lot of medical benifits derived from products of the hives and bees. This would open it up for all areas instead of limiting it to apitherapy

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK. Let the name game commence............

Apitherapy, ETC.

The Beehive Doctor.

Let's hear your suggestions.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
THE HIVE AND YOUR HEALTH
medical benifits from the hive and the bees

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
riverrat said:
THE HIVE AND YOUR HEALTH
Ok but can you spell 'benefits' right? Then we'll all look real smart! :lol:

Also I think it should be 'medicinal' instead of 'medical'.

How about:
The Hive and Your Health-
medicinal benefits from the beehive

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Omie said:
riverrat said:
THE HIVE AND YOUR HEALTH
Ok but can you spell 'benefits' right? Then we'll all look real smart! :lol:

Also I think it should be 'medicinal' instead of 'medical'.

How about:
The Hive and Your Health-
medicinal benefits from the beehive

I like the look and sound of that. :thumbsup:

can we change the colors of the font got to get one in on omie :box:

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Omie I think you got a winner there!!, excuse me.....Rat you got a winner there!!

Ain't no need to do all that fancy spelin, us ******** kant read all that well anyhows!!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
G3farms said:
Omie I think you got a winner there!!, excuse me.....Rat you got a winner there!!

Ain't no need to do all that fancy spelin, us ******** kant read all that well anyhows!!
That thar typin was a genuiwhine sortem out ******* spellin bee test. Whes now knows she aints got a secret copy of the unabridged ******* sifer and speller :drinks: :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
How about a forum for "Bee Medicinals" or some such name?
This could encompass apitherapy, but also the preparation and use of propolis tinctures, homeopathic apis preparations, pollen supplements, royal jelly, the benefits of local honey for allergies, etc.
Doesn't the term "Apitherapy" encompass all of that already?
The definition from the American Apitherapy Society is " the medicinal use of products made by honeybees.... Products of the Honeybee include bee venom, honey, pollen, royal jelly, propolis, and beeswax."

I would love to hear more about the use of bee medicinals, but I vote for the most concise name possible. I like either "Bee Medicinals", or just "Apitherapy".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts