New Guy buzzing around here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SunCatcher, Apr 10, 2014.

1. SunCatcher

SunCatcher New Member

First post, from NorthEast, Nebraska. I have 2 hives and 1 nuke, all made it through the winter.
    Will have to split one hive and getting 2 more hives in a week.
    Glad to be here.

SunCatcher

2. kebee

kebee Active Member

Welcome SunCatcher to the forum, glad to have you with us, be sure to ask question so we all can learn from them and we do like pictures.

‚ÄčKen

3. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Welcome SunCatcher, getting your 2 hives? Starting from packages, nuc's? nice to hear that your hives survived the winter.

4. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

5. Reg44

Reg44 New Member

Welcome SunCatcher.

6. SunCatcher

SunCatcher New Member

Started with packages last year, had lots of trouble keeping queens for some reason superceded and re-maid own queens. Then I had a really strong Hive so I stole a few frames and started a nuc, and overwintered it in my back yard. It made it!
    I am getting a couple established hives from a commerical bee keeper, who is bringing them home from Texas next week. I think 8 frames and a feeder is in the deal? Actually my buddy lined this up He has two hives also and He wanted a few more so he is taking 10 hives and I am taking two. I am going to SPLIT my strongest hive as I checked it Yesterday and it has 15 frames of Bees. I want to wait a week as it is suppossed to be cold next week, but want to split it. So I will end up with 5 hives and a nuc, and/or six hives if I make that nuke into a full blown Hive.
    SunCatcher