Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Wife got me a beginner hive for Christmas. Devoured the book in two days. I think she created a monster.

Can't wait till spring to get started.

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Bill :wave:

We have a saying down here in Florida,you've got sand in your shoes that will never shake out :lol:

Cool handle BTW AcmeBees ...like the roadrunner and coyote :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
"Wife got me a beginner hive for Christmas."
Aha! Now she's got no one but herself to blame for your addiction! :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

Welcome to our forum, :hi: a great place to hang out and pick up all kinds of valuable information, in a friendly enviroment.
Ask lots of questions and contribute when you can.

·
Registered
25 Posts
"Wife got me a beginner hive for Christmas. Devoured the book in two days."

First of all, a beginner hive is called a nuc. Second of all, don't feed them books. :lol:
Lastly, welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new here myself so I'm not in a position to be an official greeter but I'm like you, new to the hobby and I can't get enough information. This is a good resource to have in your starter package.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
AcmeBees, weclome, I am new here also, got my hive and bees order, so I can't wait until April to get started, read all you can here, there is a world of info, if only I can remember it. I can always come back to it though.

Kebee

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hi AB :hi: Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Monsters are welcome here...LOL :hi:
Welcome to the best forum on the net!!! You'll learn more here than anywhere but in your own hives. Don't be afraid to print copies of some of the topics on here for future reference as well as asking questions.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Nice to have your wife on your side with a hobby like bees. Maybe she'll join you taking care of the girls. The closest my wife gets to the bees is to eat honey or chew propolis but othewise, she keeps her distance.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The local bee club is taking orders for nucs at the club meeting on 2-24-2012. They said it wasn't too late. Also, I think they will pair me with a mentor who lives about 10 miles from home.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
That is what we try to do at our club, pair up a mentor and new bee that are close together.

you will be amazed at what you will learn in a short time once you get inside of a hive with some one that can explain what you are seeing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts