Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone :wave: just like to say hello from sunny<at the moment>shropshire in the uk.started to keep bees six years ago when i retired ,and have not done too bad apart from lousy uk weather ,you american guys dont realise how lucky you are . still we dont get hurricains and tornados but couple of monthsof sunshine would be great . just come across this forum and found some useful hints and information .look forward to reading more .cheers

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hello ronsin and welcome to the forum :hi:

Bunch of friendly folks here, no need to be shy around us.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ronsin,glad you found us and great have you here. :wave:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Hello from Canada (or as Iddee refers to us, from up in the tundra :mrgreen: )
Glad you found us and feel free to ask questions or contribute, we all benefit by it. :hi:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
ronsin:

I would like to add my welcome to that of the other folks. I've only been on here a couple of weeks, and am learning much. I am a new beekeeper (first 2 hives this year), and find all kinds of useful information here.

I have fond memories of my time in the U. K. I did 2 short exchange tours at RAF Mildenhall, and RAF Lakenheath in the late '70's/early 80's. One of the greatest moments of my life was when I got to shake hands with Mrs. Thatcher, when she was PM.

Please don't be shy about posting here, I'm sure many of us on this side of the pond would like to know about beekeeping there.

Again, welcome from a fellow beekeeper in "the Colonies."

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Welcome from me too. I spent the 1989-90 school year in Wallingford England. There I first became aware of the well organized bee keepers organizations of the UK. I'm sure you'll have lots to contribute to the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts