new member from uk

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ronsin, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ronsin

ronsin New Member

hi everyone :wave: just like to say hello from sunny<at the moment>shropshire in the uk.started to keep bees six years ago when i retired ,and have not done too bad apart from lousy uk weather ,you american guys dont realise how lucky you are . still we dont get hurricains and tornados but couple of monthsof sunshine would be great . just come across this forum and found some useful hints and information .look forward to reading more .cheers

2. charmd2

charmd2 New Member

Howdy! You have come to the right place

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hello ronsin and welcome to the forum :hi:

Bunch of friendly folks here, no need to be shy around us.

4. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Welcome to the forum Ronsin,glad you found us and great have you here. :wave:

5. Omie

Omie New Member

Welcome ! :)

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Howdy from Texas. It ain't all roses here... if you have any extra water please do send it this way.

7. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

And, what Tec said. We'll take any extra water you have. Hot and dry here. :(

Walt

8. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hello from Canada (or as Iddee refers to us, from up in the tundra :mrgreen: )
    Glad you found us and feel free to ask questions or contribute, we all benefit by it. :hi:

9. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

ronsin:

I would like to add my welcome to that of the other folks. I've only been on here a couple of weeks, and am learning much. I am a new beekeeper (first 2 hives this year), and find all kinds of useful information here.

I have fond memories of my time in the U. K. I did 2 short exchange tours at RAF Mildenhall, and RAF Lakenheath in the late '70's/early 80's. One of the greatest moments of my life was when I got to shake hands with Mrs. Thatcher, when she was PM.

Please don't be shy about posting here, I'm sure many of us on this side of the pond would like to know about beekeeping there.

Again, welcome from a fellow beekeeper in "the Colonies."

10. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Welcome from me too. I spent the 1989-90 school year in Wallingford England. There I first became aware of the well organized bee keepers organizations of the UK. I'm sure you'll have lots to contribute to the forum.

11. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member