New Member Welcome

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Barbarian, May 12, 2013.

1. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

I like to look at the new member stats at the foot of the home page. The forum is regularly attracting new members. Is it possible to view more than the latest 5 members (say 10) ?

I like to check the locations for new members in my neck of the world. It can be frustrating to find a location of just USA, Canada, Europe or Australia.

Would it be possible to send an automated friendly welcome message to new members and as footnotes explain how to update the location in the profile and post an introduction ?

Knowing me, these functions already exist and I've missed them. :grin:

2. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

PM Charles, the main admin. He can probably tell you how. If you can't catch him, Iddee can also answer your question.

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I'm sure you don't intend to suggest that an automated greeting replace those that come with the personal touch.:???:

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

to see more than the five shown.............

click on the "top 5 stats" right above newest members, this will open up a quick links box.
    click on "view more", this will open up another small window "results to view"
    click on the small arrow which will open another small window which will give you several options.

Have you clicked on the "view map" link at the end of the first line in "Currently Active Users"
    it pulls up a world map and displays those who are currently on line. I wish it would tell who they are!!

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

G3, that's real snazzy. It looks like Charles thought of everything---or at least almost everything. :ugeek:

6. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

Thanks G3. That certainly sorts my query on new member display. The functions on this forum are awesome. I hope your explanation can be of use to other members. :thumbsup:

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

couple of other stats you can see..........

click on the little arrows to the right of "newest members" and "top thanked" and there are some different stats to look at.

8. Charles

Charles New Member

G3 covered it completely. I check those stats all the time too along with the past 24 hour stats.

Now if I could only figure out a way to get more folks to read and respond to the blog posts ;-)