Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started with the novice yard, 2 hives.
Rossman sent two packages, bees were soaked and dying. We salvaged one queen and a few hundred bees in a nuke, they eventually died in a few weeks.
Traveled North to pick up two new packages. Set them up with success.
A friend called with a swarm in one of his trees, so we rescued them.
Then another contacted us regarding bees in his wall. Took some time, but we got them cut out.

Now we have four hives in the yard. :)

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome, sounds like you have had a rough start, but a busy one.

Great place to hang out.... enjoy

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Looks like you got it going on in the bee yard, just kind of jumped right in there :thumbsup:

A hint on the cut outs, use rubber bands instead of string, goes much faster, plus it is hard to tie knots with honey sticky fingers.

Welcome to the forum and hope to see you posting more in the future, don't be shy :wave:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome!...Make sure you get new, fresh rubber bands---old ones will crack and break easily.
Nice pics there, too. You'll fit right in here.
LtlWilli

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Those pics are great! How about telling us who Aidan is. If he's your son, it looks like you've got a great future ahead.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Oh yes, sorry for my bad manners :oops:

:hi: --Welcome to the forum. Keep posting.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hello Melrose and welcome to the forum :wave: ,thanks for sharing the great pics :coolphotos: ,looks like you got a great thing going :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Welcome to the best source of knowledge on beekeeping that there is. Like you, this is my first year as a beek, and I've not been a member of this forum much longer that you. I get on here every chance I get, and learn more every day. I am a truck driver and often haul loads up to LaFargeville, NY and spend the night at the truck stop there in Mexico. PM me if you would be interested in getting together for coffee. Again, welcome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts