New old beekeeper

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zmsudu, Aug 24, 2015.

1. zmsudu

zmsudu New Member

Hi folks, I'm here just to learn and observe. Did some beekeeping with my late grandfather but life took me around world for some time. Now I'm back in my country and want to start where I stop long time again. Idea is not leaving my head for years..

2. kebee

kebee Active Member

Welcome to the forum, glad you are with us, If it has been over 35 years than bee keeping bees has change because of mites and shb which are bad for the bees.

​Ken

3. ibeelearning

ibeelearning Member

4. mahavirsingh

mahavirsingh New Member

Hi guys I excited to join this form which gives the platform to share their experience by all beekeeper all around the world.i am doing beekeeping with 600 hives in india.

5. kebee

kebee Active Member

Glad to have you with us mahavirsingh, you should have started another page so we could have welcome you better, interest to here from you on your bee keeping style.

​Ken

6. camero7

camero7 Member

Hi to both of you.

zmsudu, where are you located? I returned to beekeeping about 7 years ago after a 20 year absence. It is totally different now. I worked for a commercial in the '70's & 80's and learned a lot. But a lot of it doesn't translate to today's beekeeping.

mahavirsingh, that's a lot of hives. Be interested to hear your ideas.