New TBH pix

Discussion in 'Top Bar & other Alternative Hives' started by BeepsBees, Apr 18, 2016.

1. BeepsBees

BeepsBees Member

One question I have is should I put entrance/vent holes on one of the shorter sides of the TBH? I plan on putting there entrance holes on the long side for sure. this is the yard it will be in. I want them to be able to exit and enter easily.I live in FL. We are putting vents on the gable roof for ventilation too.Which way should I face their entrance(long side). Thanks!! This is my hive in-finished. Still needs observation window, paint and entrance holes . Advice is welcome. ImageUploadedByBeekeeping Forum1460967050.112207.jpg ImageUploadedByBeekeeping Forum1460967125.077587.jpg

2. camero7

camero7 Member

looks like a good job. I tried a few TBH's and I put the entrance on one end. Bees built out the combs as they went and it worked pretty well. But I'm not a TBH guy, so don't pay much attention to me.

3. BeepsBees

BeepsBees Member

4. BeepsBees

BeepsBees Member

Still more to come. Need more wood for sides of roof and a cover for the window. And some type of protection on the roof.