New to forum, new to beekeeping

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by beekeeperhelper, Dec 31, 2009.

1. beekeeperhelper

beekeeperhelper New Member

Hello, I'm the Beekeeper's Helper and most of you know the beekeeper, Walt B. I have enjoyed reading the posts, so I decided to join. I won't be able to contribute much except to the gardening forum. We have two large vegetable gardens, a smaller one, two herb gardens and lots of flowers for our bees. I also cook with honey, especially Fred Bread!
    I love our bees, almost as much as I love my little flock of hens. I must admit that the bees are easier to care for!

2. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Welcome to the forum.

Don't hesitate to comment on bees, regardless of your experience. Most of us here have no clue what were saying.... :lol: Besides, without some new beekeepers asking questions, you don't have much of a forum anyways.

What is Fred bread?

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Welcome, and thanks for coming. Family participation is one of our main goals. Whether it is garden, cooking, or others, all are appreciated.

Maybe even telling WaltB's goof-ups that he won't post. :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

Bjorn where have you been. Fred bread is the best thing since apple pie. Check it out.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1278&start=10 ,,,,,,,Post# 15.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hello BKH and welcome to the forum. There are many places on here for you to post to.

Now you can tell on Walt so we can get a good laugh every now and then :shock: :lol:

Don't be shy around us.

G3

5. Walt B

Walt B New Member

I guess I'll have to watch myself. I won't be able to say, "My wife was telling me what a kind, caring, considerate person Tiger is...and then the fight started!" :D

Walt

6. beekeeperhelper

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm afraid I won't be telling much on Walt. Any man smart enough to marry me isn't going to make many mistakes (no, he didn't pay me to say that!).

7. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Hi there BKH! Good to have you around :wave: I look forward to reading your posts, I can always use good gardening advice!! Baby Beek is my daughter and we are addicted to Fred Bread, along with most of everything else she cooks.

Jump right on in and don't be shy :D

8. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Hi beekeeperhelper! I look forward to sharing gardening tidbits with you. After all, that is one of the reasons I got into beekeeping.
    And now, I'm going to go read about Fred Bread and what I have been missing.

9. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

Hello beekeeperhelper!!!
    We'll enjoy a new gardening buddy and any input on bees!
    The saying goes...The More The Merrier!
    We're glad to have you and I'm glad you like fred bread!

WELCOME!

10. beekeeperhelper

Again, thank you for the warm welcoming messages! I'll be happy to talk gardening at any time with anyone--I do love to plant, tend, and harvest.
    Walt showed me the "Beek family" photo y'all posted. Lovely family!
    We are having Fred Bread with our grilled steaks tonight. Also ripe tomatoes from our garden (I rescued them as greenies before the freeze and they ripened in the laundry room).
    Our bees were flying today in the sunshine. Hope you all have a happy New Year, and a sweet one, too.

11. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

howdy from College Station Texas.

ps my wife aka mizz tecumseh quite enjoys the bees. if possible you and walt should try to come and attend out beekeeping club in Brenham, TX. we do a 'hand on' meeting with the bees around the first of April meeting.

12. XLB

XLB New Member

once again, I'm late to post to this introduction. ( sigh. )
    welcome to the forum BKH, I'll look forward to reading your posts!
    :hi:

13. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Always late, except for meals. :D :wave: