Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Welcome tot he forum :hi:

Hope all goes well with you new bees and no need to be shy around us, ask away!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
welcome aboard you couldnt have found a better place to share and learn:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Welcome Gator...you found a good home for a forum on everything bees...you are going to absolutely love those bees...absolutely fascinating!

·
Registered
983 Posts
It's a nice journey. Enjoy and welcome to BF:hi:

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
gator 56 writes:
GO GATORS!!! I grew up just outside of Gainesville. I moved to Tallahassee 4 years ago for work. When were you at UF?

tecumseh..
I received my BS/cum laude from there in 1971. So I was there from 1967 thru 1971. My wife passed thru there a bit later when she did her post doc.... she pretty much did the design for the statistical method used in the monitoring and counting of manatees.... I think the basic design is still used my the State of Florida.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gator 56 writes:
GO GATORS!!! I grew up just outside of Gainesville. I moved to Tallahassee 4 years ago for work. When were you at UF?

tecumseh..
I received my BS/cum laude from there in 1971. So I was there from 1967 thru 1971. My wife passed thru there a bit later when she did her post doc.... she pretty much did the design for the statistical method used in the monitoring and counting of manatees.... I think the basic design is still used my the State of Florida.
Ahhh a weee bit before my time.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
ah yes... gettin' to be a weee bit before a lot of folks time.

I think I was in Gainesville at about the same time Tom Petty was working at a little music store just around the corner. He is still strumming the guitar and I am still working bees.

good luck to ya' on your new adventure.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome from a new bee myself lots to learn from the folks here. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
And a belated welcome from the buckeye state.
You've found the right place to hang out and learn about a hobby that will very soon become an obsession-then an addiction. :lol:

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
A beekeeping Gator, that's something totally new to the forum (I think).
Welcome to where beekeepers learn, share, ask, answer, joke, laugh, tease and have an all around good time together. About the only thing we don't do is get mean to each other, we figure that stinging should be left to the bees.
As you can see from all the welcomes, we're glad to have you with us. :hi:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts