New yard

Discussion in 'Bees' started by PerryBee, May 27, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Now only 10 minutes from home! :yahoo: (yard # 1)

1)[​IMG]

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

That setup oughta keep the air traffic controller busy. :grin:

Looks good if there's no bear problem.

3. Marbees

Marbees Member

Good for you Perry:thumbsup: Mine are still 90 minutes from here.

Oak Heights Yard.jpg

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

It's an old abandoned orchard.
    Iddee, do you think the way I have them arched like that will cause too many problems? I usually put them in a straight line but I think someone bush hogs in between the rows once and they would have extended into that space. They are all facing south, southeast. There is bear on the south mountain (not real common though) so I may have to look into electric fence.

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Perry, do you leave the tie straps on permanently or is it only a "remnant" of the moving process?

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I don't see any problem with it. I was just laughing at the flight paths crossing. Pretty country. Is that a water hole in the foreground of the pic?

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Efmesch - We dropped the hives and left them as seen, it was very late and Adam didn't even start the 1 hour ride home till after midnite (when he thought he might already be home)
    I went back yesterday and levelled everything up, removed the straps and opened up the upper entrances.

Iddee - Now you've got me thinking about the flight paths crossing, I'll keep an eye on things and if I notice a problem I'll move them a bit. That isn't a water hole, just a part of the tall grass I didn't clear. A river is only a few 100 yards away. Bad area for ticks though, hauled one off everytime I go there. :???: