new yards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zookeep, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

I did a removal today and the people offered me 60 acres for a new bee yard, 2 days ago while up in cedar key a great old couple I met there offered up 40 acres right on the coast for yet another yard, I guess after living in Sarasota for so many years and watching it turn into a real city (and real city folk if ya know what I mean) its nice to be reminded how many real nice folk are still out there and most that I have met have been through beekeeping 1 way or another the past 3 years:thumbsup: and its not just the bee yards, its the way they look at you and they think what we are doing for the bees is great, not just me but all of us beeks, they says its a dieing art, maybe not here in florida but if half of what I read is true in the rest of the country not too sure.

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a group of my friends and I back during the days when I attend UofF would often go over to Cedar Key and in those days there was not much there and NO ONE was traveling thru. In those days 'the locals' did look at you real hard but not in the way you seem to suggest. 'the look' really reminded me more of a scene from the movie Easy Rider... my friends were and still are a fairly diverse set of people.

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

So Tech, what kinda of man was Langstroth?.......Ha! Just messing with ya.....:lol:

​Good deal on the new yards Zoo.

4. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

yet another new spot, with Brazilian pepper at 20 feet or more all around

Attached Files:

5. Minz

Minz Member

Your killing me! I lost a beautiful yard just down from a raspberry farm that let the weeds grow between the rows. The owner said I could put them on his place but the farmer objected, afraid his pollinator would get heartburn. I hit about 4 or 5 places around there (all an acre or better) and it seems they are all against it. Maybe I should start shaving again?